1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Love KSH, wool silk blends.... noro silk garden light, sock yarn;) Laceweight, would LOVE to try Sundara. Really prefer natural fibers.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Needle rolls made by my sis in law- ;) CHeck out her etsy shop!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Oh, bout 4 years (the addiction is clouding my sense of time) prob intermediate- to intermediate advanced... I fear the steek. and haven't done much color work.... but lace is a fav.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yep. Amazon
5. What's your favorite scent? Lavendar, vanilla, rose,
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Spin. Photography and am learning watercolor painting.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) like a pretty eclectic selection of music- everything from classical to U2. My Ipod is my friend;)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Love jewel tones... reds blues purples. Not a huge fan of orange and yellow. Pastels pretty much make me look ill. (olive complected;) )
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married for 19 yrs. 3 sons 18, 15 and 5 (surprise!) 2 cats and one bad beagle- who is sweet- lucky for her rabbit chasing self.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? scarves, mittens not so much hats or ponchos... I don't get ponchos- they are like wearing a blazing arrow that point to your butt. Something I try to avoid after 3 kids;)
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Whatever my current project is- all the while dreaming of my next one--- the next hit is always better, isn't it?
13. What are you knitting right now? Mystery Stole 3. Monkey socks in Trekking Pro-natura, and the invisibility shawl from Charmed knits. Also on hold is my second Central park hoodie.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love it.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Right needle for the right project. Mostly wood- but love addis and knitpicks options too;)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yep.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Prob 6 months. (MY CPH)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Mccoy pottery(usually white/cream) , Longaberger baskets and tin/metal chocolate molds.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Grafton Fibers circs. (or other needles) Lacy little knits. Sundara yarns.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Colorwork,
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep. I wear a 6 1/2
23. When is your birthday? August 31. YAY me!
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? soltrcy see you there;)
Labels: secret pal