2 - 12 oz bags fresh cranberries
1 1/2 Cups sugar
1 giant (Christmas stocking type) Navel orange- zested- then pith removed and cut into large chunks
1) Wash- pick over cranberries (It's our traqdition to have the kids do this part)
2) Zest orange (I use a very sharp peeler- make sure you there is no pith- it's nasty-bitter)
3) In Food processor- pulse the sugar and orange zest together
4) Add your cranberries- pulse to a coarse chop
5) Add the orange chunks- pulse till your preferred consistency.
Caution- my oldest has been known to eat this by the bowlful. (SO has my step-dad) Also great with pork- and chicken. My FIL requests it.... He's diabetic- and I've subbed in splenda for him- it works- but isn't quite the same.
I will be making 3 huge batches.
Refrigerate over night. Serve with turkey n trimmings;) & a side of handknits if you got em;)
At the bottom of the mosaic you can see 2 more Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hats- one in Ironstone Orange yarn and one in Malabrigo Chunky- Snowbird... the CHristmas knits continue;)
Tomorrow I'll be baking my "famous" apple pie- want a tutorial? *** my guys call my simple apple pie famous- what can I say;)
Labels: cranberry, free knitting pattern, holiday recipes, unoriginal hat, Yarn Harlot