My SP 11 has requested to have visual confirmation of the bad beagle who resides within our hallowed walls.
Bad Beagle? Only kind of I suppose. Let's just say Beagle have "issues".
1) Beagles chew. (apparently only expensive DPNS, and Cracker Barrel Rockers...and shoes, and toys...) Though- honestly- she's not a pup anymore- so there are fewer and less frequent chew-tastrophes... just the occasional head or appendage chewed off of an action figure..
2) Beagles Bark. At the dark. At the deer target in the backyard. At critters- real and imagined. At people they know- at people they don't know. They also bay/bugle but not too often;) (on a side note- I can mimic a psycho beagle bark quite well. )
3) Beagles run. Away- after things. To things... to no where. And- if when you run off to get her- and your children accidently leave the patio door open... then upon returning- they let her run into the house--- she will promptly run back out the backdoor- laughing all the way.
4) Beagle chase. Rabbits. Cats. Kids. Bugs. If it moves- it's game.
5) Beagles sniff/snort and beg for- food. Enough said- SOMEONE around here shares his food with her quite willingly. When confronted about germs--- his reply is "She doesn't mind".
Beagles are also- sweet, loving, tender with a little guy and GREAT foot warmers....not to mention cutests dogs evah. A little beagle tip: If you fatten them up quite a bit... they can't run as fast;)
Beagles also make wonderful buddies for little guys, though sometimes they believe little guys to be edible.
As for our weekend.... well- Friday night was date night... which ended in my husband's cell phone disappearing... which led to a furious hunt which resulted in nada- which led to an insurance claim and much aggravation.
Saturday- was a well planned day. In theory. The older guys all went hunting. The little guy and mommy had a jammie/ movie night. Everything was wonderful (including 2 sundaes for the little guy) until his head mysteriously met with the edge of the coffee table. (dancing and or karate were involved...)
This led to frantic dressing, (can't go to the ER in my jammes) icing and finally yet another set of "head injury" cautions posted on the fridge. (there were no stitches... just a rather large "goose-egg" right between the eyes and a small cut. Looks like the world's cutest boxer. Also- as the swelling is right between the eyes- so he has a bit of a black eye thing going on and looks a little cross-eyed. Poor kid. However- it didn't actually make him blurry- that was my camera;)
Told ya. It was quite a weekend.
On the upside- a detective called- they had a lead on my Hubby's missing tom-tom.... some pawn-shop.... they'll call back if they found it. (fingers crossed and prayers offered) New phone should arrive today. We won't be responsible for calls made while it was missing. (and he couldn't be interrupted on the phone all weekend... it wasn't entirely bad ;)
As for knitting.......well- still working on the mitered squares blanket. I made a quick chart on graph paper and figured out a pattern for the squares and a count for how many squares I'll need. I'm pretty visual- so I used colored pencils- and a pattern typically used in quilting.
I'm getting 3 squares per skein of Debbie Mumm Traditions Yarn. So I'll use 16 (17 of one) squares of each of three colors. Red, Green and Brown. I'm also using the Brown for the mitered garter stitch border.
And that. is the weekend in review. Looking forward to a better week;)
Labels: debbie mumm traditions yarn, mitered square blanket